Our Commitment to Sustainability
GOLUB and its affiliates feel an enduring connection to the environment and communities in which we serve. We are committed to addressing climate change - both through the real estate services we deliver to clients, and within our own internal operations.
Earlier this decade, we developed our portfolio-wide GOLUB Green Initiative; a comprehensive approach to reducing our impact on the environment. This commitment to minimizing our buildings’ carbon footprint is a key component of our operating philosophy.
GOLUB’s extensive efforts in the past years have included the following strategies:
- Acquisition of energy and gas in bulk across the portfolio to leverage volume purchase pricing, reducing tenant energy costs by nearly 30%.
- Installation of energy efficient lighting techniques including recycled and fluorescent bulbs, motion sensitive lighting, programmable lighting and LED fixtures.
- Expansion of recycling programs that not only address paper, plastics, glass and metals, but also include electronics and exhausted light bulbs.
- Enlistment of a building maintenance mandate to integrate more eco-friendly techniques and materials for housekeeping chemicals and products.
- Investment in LEED GA and LEED AP training programs for employees.
- Facilitation of Eco-Seminars and Recycling Fairs at properties.
- Industry-level support and participation by Golub on Green Committees, Energy Committees, Sustainability Committees and Board representation through BOMA, the U.S. Green Building Council, Urban Land Institute and other industry groups including GNMAA and Chicago Loop Alliance.
- Community-level support of Earth Hour, Earth Day, and other environmentally conscious efforts that affect our properties and tenants.
GOLUB is proud of its continued efforts to create and enhance high performance buildings and facilitate a harmonious environment within them.